- View, White Oak, Johnston County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 5 x 7 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Historical Note: White Oak was constructed in the late eighteenth century.
Johnston County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Provenance note:
- Reubin Sanders (planter), first owner
- Historical note:
- The home was constructed in the late eighteenth century, and features a porch that is considered one of the best of this time period in North Carolina. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places