- View, White Oak, Johnston County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 5 x 7 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Historical Note: White Oak was constructed in the late eighteenth century.
Johnston County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Provenance note:
- Reubin Sanders (planter), first owner
- Historical note:
- The home was constructed in the late eighteenth century, and features a porch that is considered one of the best of this time period in North Carolina. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Housing, Single family