Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- View, Old Gates County Courthouse, Gatesville, Gates County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- 5 x 7 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- This building is only one of three Federal-style courthouses still standing in the state. It exhibits a central entryway with a large fanlight.
- Historical note:
- The building has been restored for use as a library and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
National Register of Historic Places