- View, Cool Spring Place, Fayetteville, Cumberland County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 5 x 7 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 228 S Cool Spring St
- Provenance note:
- Dolphin Davis (inn and tavernkeeper), first owner
- Architectural note:
- During an early nineteenth century expansion, the engaged double piazza, the fanlit entrance and Federal style interior woodwork were added.
- Historical note:
- The building is the oldest structure in Fayetteville and the only surviving structure linked with the state's 1789 constitutional convention. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.048215, -78.876086