Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- View, Donald MacRae House, Wilmington, New Hanover County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- 5 x 7 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Building: MacRae, Donald House -- Saint James Episcopal Church Parish House (Wilmington, New Hanover County, North Carolina)
- Bacon, Henry, 1866-1924 more info on Bacon, Henry, 1866-1924
- Norris, John S., 1804-1876 more info on Norris, John S., 1804-1876
- 25 S. 3rd Street
- Wilmington Historic District
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Donald McRae (businessman and developer), first owner
- Historical note:
- The home is Wilmington's prime example of Shingle style, and is currently being used as the parish house for St. James Episcopal Church. The home lies within the boundaries of the Wilmington Historic District, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.