- View, Norfleet Cotton Press, Tarboro, Edgecombe County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 5 x 7 inches
- Item identifier:
- Norfleet, Isaac more info on Norfleet, Isaac
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Isaac Norfleet (planter), first owner.
- Architectural note:
- A rare survival of a once frequent plantation structure. The press was moved in 1938 and restored in 1976.
- Historical note:
- The structure was originally used to press fruit and was later converted to process cotton around 1860. The press is a rare survival of a once frequent plantation structure. The press is listed on the National Register of Historic Places
Mills and mill-work