- View, Pender Museum, Tarboro, Edgecombe County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 5 x 7 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Silas and Rebecca Everitt were the first owners of the house.
- Architectural note:
- In 1969, the home was moved to a different location. The chimneys and foundation were rebuilt at this time. The home typifies the architecture of the coastal plain, featuring the double-slope roof and porch made popular by waterfront towns like Beaufort.
- Historical note:
- In 1969, the home was moved to its current location, and the chimneys and foundation were rebuilt at this time. The Pender Museum is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Housing, Single family