- View, Pender Museum, Tarboro, Edgecombe County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 5 x 7 inches
- Item identifier:
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Silas and Rebecca Everitt were the first owners of the house.
- Architectural note:
- In 1969, the home was moved to its current location, and the chimneys and foundation were rebuilt at this time. The home typifies the architecture of the coastal plain, featuring the double-slope roof and porch made popular by waterfront towns like Beaufort.
- Historical note:
- The Pender Museum is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Housing, Single family
Buildings -- Remodeling for other use
Moving of buildings, bridges, etc.
Architecture -- Conservation and restoration
Buildings -- Additions
National Register of Historic Places