- View, John Wheeler House, Murfreesboro, Hertford County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 5 x 7 inches
- Item identifier:
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 400 East Broad Street
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The house was built for William Hardy Murfree and his business partner George Gordon. John Wheeler purchased the home in 1814.
- Architectural note:
- The house is a two-story Federal-style structure composed of Flemish-bond brickwork. The property also exhibits a freestanding brick dependency and a plank outbuilding that has been relocated from the countryside.
- Historical note:
- The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
Moving of buildings, bridges, etc.
Flemish bond (Masonry technique)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.444028, -77.096718