- View, New Chapel Baptist Church, Plymouth, Washington County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 5 x 7 inches
- Item identifier:
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Congregation of freedmen established by 1867, first owner.
- Architectural note:
- Architect Copeland was also the pastor of the church, and is said to have fashioned the church on the biblical description of Solomon's temple. The cruciform church features a portico with columns set in antis.
African Americans -- History
Gothic revival (Architecture)