- View, Longstreet Presbyterian Church, Fort Bragg, Hoke County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
Fort Bragg (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Fort Bragg
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Highland Scots Presbyterian congregation organized in 1758 was the first owner.
- Historical note:
- The church was named after the local portion of Yadkin Road, referred to in the period as the "Long Street". Two churches were built on the same parcel of land prior to the third, and current, structure. The building is considered to be among the most interesting and best preserved of the area's important collection of Scots Presbyterian country churches. The Army bought the land in 1923, and has been inactive ever since as a place of worship. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Architectural note:
- Unlike the majority of Presbyterian churches in the state, the pulpit of the building is located against the front wall, with the galleries carried around the sanctuary.
Fort Bragg (N.C.)
National Register of Historic Places
Galleries (Upper level spaces)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.135575, -78.997354