NCSU Libraries

View, Old Bluff Presbyterian Church, Cumberland County, North Carolina

Old Bluff Presbyterian Church (Cumberland County, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
View, Old Bluff Presbyterian Church, Cumberland County, North Carolina
Topics:
Architecture
Subjects:
Church buildings
Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph); 8 x 10 inches
Item identifier:
SHPO-N-73-7-650
Created Date:
Created Date:
Genre:
Architectural photographs
Photographs
Location:
Cumberland County (N.C.)
Digital Project:
Built Heritage

Source information

Repository:
North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
Collection:
State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by
Note field:
Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
Rights:
Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
Funding:
Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.

Building:

State:
North Carolina
Provenance note:
Presbyterian congregation established in 1758, first owner.
Historical note:
The congregation is the oldest Presbyterian congregation in Cumberland County. The church functioned as one of three mother churches in the Highland Scots settlement of the Upper Cape Fear River. The graveyard includes a marker by Scots carver George Lauder. The building is considered one of finest local Greek Revival frame churches. The church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Location:
Cumberland County (N.C.)
Subjects:
Church buildings
Religious buildings

✓ Give us feedback