- View, John Wright Stanly House, New Bern, Craven County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- Clark, C. E. more info on Clark, C. E.
New Bern (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- New Bern
- Provenance note:
- John Wright Stanly (trader and Revolutionary War blockade-runner), first owner
- Architectural note:
- The home is considered the finest late eighteenth century Georgian residence in the state. Tradition and circumstantial evidence suggest the home was designed by John Hawks.
- General note:
- Today the home is part of the Tryon Palace Historic Site
New Bern (N.C.)
Housing, Single family
United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783
- External Resources:
Asheville Farm School