- View, Mulberry Hill, Chowan County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
Chowan County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Clement Blount (first owner) built the house for his family. In the nineteenth century, the house was owned by the Wood family.
- Architectural note:
- The house is a rural version of the Federal style side-passage-plan home typically seen in New Bern during this time, likely influenced by the New Bern residence of Clement Blount's brother, Frederick. The interior features Adamesque woodwork.
- Historical note:
- The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
Side-passage plan architecture