- View, Edenton Peanut Factory, Edenton, Chowan County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Historical note:
- The factory was organized by local businessman, lawyers, and agriculturists to keep the profits from peanut growing in the community. The building was the first peanut processing plant in northeastern North Carolina, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
National Register of Historic Places
Peanuts -- Processing