- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 1502-1698 Old U.S. 17
- South Mills
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- William Smith Hinton (planter) and Mary Hinton, first owner.
- Historical note:
- The residence provides a typical example of the pediment-front homes that were built along the Virginia border in the early nineteenth century. The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
South Mills (N.C.)
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.25143, -76.313489