- View, Charlton-Jordan House, Bertie County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Created Date:
Bertie County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 606 Davenport Rd
- Provenance note:
- William Charlton, first owner; Joseph Jordan, second owner
- Architectural note:
- The home is a rare survivor from the first generation of durable building constructed in North Carolina and features Flemish-bond brick walls and segmental-arch openings. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Historical note:
- The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as the Jordan House.
Housing, Single family
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.893893, -76.954429