- View, Coor-Gaston House, New Bern, Craven County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
New Bern (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 421 Craven Street
- New Bern
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- James Coor (political figure), first owner; William Gaston (lawyer, member of Congress, and judge in the North Carolina Supreme Court), nineteenth century owner
- Architectural note:
- The house displays the unusual combination of Chinese trellis porch railings, a brick and shell foundation, and an interior finished with Georgian detailing. The house was enlarged circa 1850.
- Historical note:
- The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
New Bern (N.C.)
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.108407, -77.038106