- View, William B. Blades House, New Bern, Craven County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 8 x 10 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
New Bern (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) held by North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. For general information see their website (http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov/).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Simpson, Herbert W. (Herbert Woodley), 1870-1945 more info on Simpson, Herbert W. (Herbert Woodley), 1870-1945
- 602 Middle St.
- New Bern
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- William B. Blades (lumber magnate), first owner.
- Historical note:
- The home is among the state's finest combinations of Queen Anne style with Colonial Revival details by prolific local architect Herbert Woodley Simpson. On January 14, 1972, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
New Bern (N.C.)
Architecture, Queen Anne
Colonial revival (Architecture)
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
Towers (Building divisions)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.111114895, -77.0387721061