Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- Rocket Maker
- Original Format:
16 mm film, magnetic sound, color
- Item identifier:
- Sheehan, Ruth more info on Sheehan, Ruth
- Created Date:
- The video "Rocket Maker" was originally part of the "Now Show," and has host Ruth Sheehan interviewing 14-year-old 4-H Club member Randy Killebrew of Edgecombe County, N. C., who displays his rockets which he makes and launches himself. He demonstrates the ignition of the launch pads for six of his rockets, without actually launching them in the studio. Killebrew also talks about his interest in electric engineering and his hope to attend N. C. State in the future. (He would go on to graduate from here with a B.S. in Engineering Operations in December 1982).
North Carolina State University. Department of 4-H Youth Development
more info on North Carolina State University. Department of 4-H Youth Development
Sheehan, Ruth more info on Sheehan, Ruth
Killebrew, Randy (Lawrence Randolph) more info on Killebrew, Randy (Lawrence Randolph)
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service, Audiovisual Materials, 1946-2001 (UA102.400) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)