Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- People-To-People Partnership: The White House Conference
Presidents -- United States
Speeches, addresses, etc.
- Original Format:
16 mm film, optical sound, black and white
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- This video features a White House Conference given by President Dwight D. Eisenhower on September 11, 1956, establishing his administration's People-to-People Program. The People-to-People Program was made to enhance international relationships through education, the exchange of culture, and through humanitarian activity. The Program's intent was to bring about a peaceful climate to counter the Cold War.
Eisenhower, Dwight D.
more info on Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service, Audiovisual Materials, 1946-2001 (UA102.400) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)