Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- Cary Magazine table at Hoops for Hope
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Funkhouser, Edward T. more info on Funkhouser, Edward T. (Edward Truman), 1946-
- Created Date:
- Hoops for Hope is an annual event started in 2006 to raise money for the Susan G. Komen Foundation, which does breast cancer research. Kay Yow, the women's basketball team coach since 1975, was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 1987. It went into remission, but reappeared in 2004. At the 2007 Hoops for Hope event with over 8,000 participants, 45,000 dollars was raised for the Foundation. The Lady Wolfpack, which wore pink uniforms for the game, beat Boston College 64-46. Kay Yow was awarded 2008's Courage Angel Pin for her help in fighting breast cancer.
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
Yow, Kay, 1942-2009 more info on Yow, Kay, 1942-2009
North Carolina State University -- Students more info on North Carolina State University -- Students
North Carolina State University -- Basketball more info on North Carolina State University -- Basketball
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Edward T. Funkhouser Photographs, 2001-2016 (MC00336) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions about copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
In Copyright - Non-Commercial Use Permitted
For more information:
Building: North Carolina State University, William Neal Reynolds Coliseum (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- Small, G. Milton (George Milton), Jr., 1916-1992 more info on Small, G. Milton (George Milton), Jr., 1916-1992
- 2701 Sullivan Drive
- NC State University
- General note:
- Completed in 1949, the building with seating for 14,000 people is named after William Neal Reynolds, president of the R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company founded by his brother. Construction of Reynolds Coliseum was originally proposed by David Clark after 5,000 people from all over North Carolina were rained out of a Farmers' Week meeting in 1940. The coliseum was home to the basketball team for nearly 50 years, including two NCAA champion teams. Reynolds Coliseum also provides a venue for large university and city events. Today it houses several NC State athletic teams, as well as NC State's ROTC units. The men’s basketball team moved to the RBC Center in 2000.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.783501, -78.669899