Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- 1911 Building landscape renovations, Page Hall in the background
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Funkhouser, Edward T. more info on Funkhouser, Edward T. (Edward Truman), 1946-
- Created Date:
- The Class of 1911 ended the practice of hazing freshmen at the college, impressing the administration so much that the Nineteen Eleven Building was named for them. The class graduated shortly before its completion in 1915. Page Hall is named for Walter Hines Page (1855-1918), who was a member of the Watauga Club and supported the establishment of North Carolina State University. Page served as editor of the State Chronicle and as ambassador to Great Britain from 1913-1918. Page Hall was built in 1922.
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Buildings more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Edward T. Funkhouser Photographs, 2001-2016 (MC00336) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions about copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
In Copyright - Non-Commercial Use Permitted
For more information: