- NC State University, Electrical Engineering , general
- Item identifier:
North Carolina State University. College of Engineering
more info on North Carolina State University. College of Engineering
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- College of Engineering. Electrical and computer engineering (UA023.012.036) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- 4640 Lake Wheeler Road
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Samuel Pearson, first owner; Simon Pearson, second owner; William Boylan (businessman, director of State Bank, newspaper publisher), third owner
- Architectural note:
- The mill contains several generations of construction from the early nineteenth century onward, replacing a late eighteenth century mill probably destroyed in flooding in the early 1800s.
- Historical note:
- The site first began operating as a mill in 1761. The mill is the only survivor of several eighteenth century mills around Raleigh, and has been restored. The site is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Mills and mill-work
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.718516, -78.686272