- Department of Human Resources' Peg Rosett receiving award from N.C. Safety Council President Joe Gregory
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Transcribed from enclosed press release: School of Agriculture and Life Sciences, North Carolina State University, Department of Agricultural Communications. For Immediate Release, SPECIAL TO PITT COUNTY PAPERS (with photo); The Department of Human Resources Easter Regional Office in Greenville has received an award from the North Carolina Safety Council. The award was presented April 26 in Raleigh during the Safety Council's annual awards luncheon at McKimmon Center. The government agency received its award for its seat belt safety campaign. Their effort had a two-prong approach: an educational program and an incentive program. Before the campaign, about 16 per cent of the Greenville employees were wearing seatbelts when they came to work. Following the campaign, about 43 per cent were buckling up. The agency's award was sponsored by Independent Insurance Agents of North Carolina, Inc. The Safety Council is an incorporated, nonprofit organization, created in 1960 by a group of community leaders, physicians and representatives of public agencies to promote safety programs and activities. The Council's activities are financed by dues received through individual, group and agency memberships; col cutline: Peg Rosett, department of human resources, regional office, Greenville, receives award from N.C. Safety Council President Joe Gregory. April 26, 1985.
North Carolina State University. College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
more info on North Carolina State University. College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- CALS. Gifts and awards (UA023.006.042) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).