- Studio photo of cadet officers and Drill Master group photo
Armed Forces -- Officers
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 10 x 14 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Cadet Officers, written by Ben O. Hood: Here are 17 officers out of a class of 22 at North Carolina A and M College, Raleigh, NC in the year 1901. Retired Captain Fred Phelps from Urbana, Ohio is the drill Master and in dark suit. They wore uniforms all the time and there was only 315 students at A and M in 1901. There were four companies in the battalion. List back row: C. H. McQueen (Norwood); Billy Bennett (Wadesboro); Felip Crutchfield; (Winston-Salem); Z. M. Bowell (Wright); Resceed Craig (Marion); J. J. Liles (Lilesville); Maron Davis; W. S. Sturgill (Ashe County); Fred Bounty (Major from Wilmington); Captain F. E. Phelps; W. J. Faucette; Owen Lougee (Raleigh); Hess Barnhardt (Norwood) who led the class in scholarship; Lower row: W. L. Craven; Arthur Nichols; W. F. Pate; Ben O. HOod (Ashville); Started 1889 with A. O. Holiday, President.
United States. Army. Reserve Officers' Training Corps
more info on United States. Army. Reserve Officers' Training Corps
North Carolina State University -- History more info on North Carolina State University -- History
Phelps, Fred Colwell more info on Phelps, Fred Colwell
North Carolina State College more info on North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Oversize photographs. Military training and service (UA023.030.050) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).