Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Women in defense training studying engineering drawing
World War, 1939-1945
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- From left: Instructor Peele Johnson, Virginia Powell of Smithfield and Caddie Walker of Burlington. These women were part of a group of women awarded fellowships by Pratt and Whitney Aircraft to receive engineering training at NC State College. Pratt and Whitney committed to employ the women as engineering aides after they successfully completed the 48-week course. NC State was the only school in the South selected for the fellowships.
North Carolina State University. College of Engineering
more info on North Carolina State University. College of Engineering
North Carolina State University -- Students more info on North Carolina State University -- Students
North Carolina State College more info on North Carolina State College
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Student Life Photographs, 1893-1997 (UA023.025) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)