- Women in defense training studying engineering drawing
World War, 1939-1945
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- From left: Instructor Peele Johnson, Virginia Powell of Smithfield and Caddie Walker of Burlington. These women were part of a group of women awarded fellowships by Pratt and Whitney Aircraft to receive engineering training at NC State College. Pratt and Whitney committed to employ the women as engineering aides after they successfully completed the 48-week course. NC State was the only school in the South selected for the fellowships.
North Carolina State University. College of Engineering
more info on North Carolina State University. College of Engineering
North Carolina State University -- Students more info on North Carolina State University -- Students
North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina more info on North Carolina State College of Agriculture and Engineering of the University of North Carolina
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Student life. Women (UA023.025.011) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).