- Women defense workers studying aircraft inspection
Universities and colleges
World War, 1939-1945
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- On the back of the photograph: "Aleatz Parker of Warsaw (welding) and Louvenia Clark of Louisburg (standing)." These women were part of a group of women awarded fellowships by Pratt and Whitney Aircraft to receive engineering training at NC State College. Pratt and Whitney committed to employ the women as engineering aides after they successfully completed the 48-week course. NC State was the only school in the South selected for the fellowships.
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Students more info on North Carolina State University -- Students
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Student life. Women (UA023.025.011) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).