NCSU Libraries

Broughton Hall dedication

Broughton Hall, NCSU (Raleigh, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
Broughton Hall dedication
Topics:
Campus and Town
Subjects:
Universities and colleges
Buildings
Dedications
Item identifier:
0227726
Created Date:
Description:
On the back of the photograph: "Front Row, Left to Right / 1 / 2 Josephus Daniels / 3 Gov. J. Melville Broughton / 4 Rear Adm. Edward L. Cochran -U.S.N. - Chief, Bureau of Ships / 5 Pres. Frank P. Graham / 6 /7 / 8 H.A. Fisher / 9 Chancellor John W. Harrelson / Diesel Eng. Fab. Bldg. Dedication 5_26_1944" Broughton Hall is named for Joseph Melville Broughton (1888-1949). Broughton was elected governor of North Carolina in 1941 and to the U.S. Senate in 1948. Broughton Hall was built in 1951.
Genre:
Group portraits
Photographs
Names:






Location:
Raleigh (N.C)
Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs

Building:

Location:
Raleigh (N.C)
Subjects:
Universities and colleges
College buildings -- North Carolina
Latitude, Longitude:
35.7855, -78.670097

✓ Give us feedback