Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Mrs. Coretta Scott King
African American women
Speeches, addresses, etc.
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 6 3/4 x 5 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Enclosed you will find a copy of a photograph, we wish to have made a part of the 4-H Archive Collection. This photograph was taken during the Fifth Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Youth Assembly planned and hosted in North Carolina August 7-9, 1992. This photograph was taken following the "I have a Dream" luncheon at which Mrs. King spoke. Pictured left to right are: Damond Gordon, host of "Teen Summit" on Black Entertainment Television; Anthony Rodgers, Northeastern 4-H District Council President from Gates County; Claudia Hammill, State 4-H Secretary-Treasurer from Halifax County; and Mrs. Coretta Scott King, wife of the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.--Taken from a letter written by Meredith Strother to Maurice Toler, dated January 25, 1993.
more info on Gordon, Damond
Rodgers, Anthony more info on Rodgers, Anthony
Hammill, Claudia more info on Hammill, Claudia
King, Coretta Scott more info on King, Coretta Scott, 1927-2006
North Carolina State University more info on North Carolina State University
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- People. Noteworthy alumni and guest visitors, J-L (UA023.024.064) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)