Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Colonel John H. Harrelson and J. S. Varris present a degree to Major General William Carey Lee
Armed Forces -- Officers
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- 7-1/2 x 9-1/2
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Verso reads: Colonel John N. Harrelson, Chancellor of NC State College delivering to Major General William Carey Lee, U.S. Army, Retired the diploma and citation of the honorary degree of Doctor of Military Science. The degree was officially conferred at the State College commencement on Monday, May 28, 1945. Illness prevented the attendance of General Lee at the commencement exercises. Date of delivery 21 June 1945. The third person in the picture is Mr. G.S. Varris, Assistant Controller
Lee, William C.
more info on Lee, William C., 1895-1948
North Carolina State University -- Administration more info on North Carolina State University -- Administration
United States. Armed Forces more info on United States. Armed Forces
Harrelson, J. W. (John William), 1885-1955 more info on Harrelson, J. W. (John William), 1885-1955
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. People (UA023.024) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)