- "Small Morton boy to the right is exhibiting a square rod of wheat that grew without the use of soil improvement methods and lespedeza"
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 9 x 15 cm
- Item identifier:
- Phillips, G. H. more info on Phillips, G. H.
- Created Date:
- Title continues: The larger boy to the left is exhibiting two bundles that grew on a square rod that had received one crop of lespedeza where the hay had been cut. This part of the field made a yield of 1,456 pounds seed cotton per acre last year with an application of 300 pounds 8-3-3 while the part of the field where the one bundle grew made a yield of 726 pounds seed cotton with the same fertilizer. June 19, 1930
North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service
more info on North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service
Stanly County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
Living Off the Land
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Crop and soil science. Grain and legume crops (UA023.007.083) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this material was made possible, in part, through the support of the North Carolina Farm Bureau, the North Carolina Tobacco Foundation, and the North Carolina Tobacco Research Commission.