- Purple straw wheat grown by S. L. Carpenter, Master Farmer, Gaston County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Black-and-white print (photograph); 9 x 15 cm
- Item identifier:
- Middleton, G. K. more info on Middleton, G. K.
- Created Date:
- Title continues: Mr. Carpenter estimates the yield on this 9 acres field at 50 bushels per acre. He believes in fertile soil (has used abundance of clover crops for years) and good seed. One of three fields of purple straw wheat to pass field inspection in whole state
North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service
more info on North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service
Gaston County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
Living Off the Land
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Crop and soil science. Grain and legume crops (UA023.007.083) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this material was made possible, in part, through the support of the North Carolina Farm Bureau, the North Carolina Tobacco Foundation, and the North Carolina Tobacco Research Commission.