Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- Bedding potatoes on the farm of J. H. Dail, Chowan County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- 9 x 11 cm
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- circa to
- Written on verso: The bed was prepared by plowing and digging out a pit about 6 inches deep. Four inches of manure was placed in the pit and covered with 2 in. of soil. After bedding the potatoes, they were covered with one of fine soil and a mulch of manure covered over the bed to prevent drying and injury from cold.
Chowan County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
Living Off the Land
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Agricultural Extension and Research services (UA023.007) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this material was made possible, in part, through the support of the North Carolina Farm Bureau, the North Carolina Tobacco Foundation, and the North Carolina Tobacco Research Commission.