- Woman with the mountain alder (Alnus viridis), one of the rarest of our shrubs
Women -- History
European green alder
- Original Format:
- Lantern slide; Color slides; Hand-colored lantern slide; 3.25 x 4 in.
- Item identifier:
- Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884- more info on Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884-
- Created Date:
- circa to
- The mountain alder (Alnus viridis), one of the rarest of our shrubs. It is believed to occur only at the one station on Roan Mountain. The women in the picture may be Katherine Metcalf, daughter of Dr. Zeno Metcalf.
- Digital Project:
B. W. Wells
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- B.W. Wells lantern slides (UA023.039) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).