- A colony of tree-dwarfs at 5500 feet altitude
Northern red oak (Quercus rubra)
Trees -- Growth
- Original Format:
- 3.25 x 4 in.
- Item identifier:
- Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884- more info on Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884-
- Created Date:
- A colony of tree-dwarfs at 5500 feet altitude; virgin northern red oak trees all under 30 feet high, due to the repressive effects of low temperature. Scene at Frying Pan Gap (North Carolina)
Fryingpan Gap (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
B. W. Wells
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- B.W. Wells lantern slides (UA023.039) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).