- Line drawing of a venus'-fly-trap
- Original Format:
- 3.25 x 4 in.
- Item identifier:
- Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884- more info on Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884-
- Created Date:
- From Natural Gardens (page 340): "Perennial with flowering stalk 4-12 in. high, bearing the white flowers in an umbel at the apex; flower 5-parted except stamens which are commonly 10 in number, sometimes more; petals delicately veined : the bristle-fringed leaf-blades, marvelously modified into an efficient insect trap, the petioles merely being expanded into flat leaf-like organs. For a fuller account see descriptive chapter on the savannahs..."
Drawings (Visual works)
Big Savannah (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
B. W. Wells
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- B.W. Wells lantern slides (UA023.039) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).