- Pitcher plant with hat for size comparison
Purple pitcher plant (Sarracenia purpurea)
- Original Format:
- 3.25 x 4 in.
- Item identifier:
- Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884- more info on Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884-
- From Natural Gardens (page 340): "Perennials with nodding large flowers with enormously expanded stigmas resembling an umbrella; 5-parted with thick sepals and prominent drooping petals: leaf petioles modified with water retaining vases, topped at on side by the smaller leafblade. For fuller account of these insect consuming plant see chapter on the savannahs. In grass-sedge bogs or savannahs, eastern and central. Spring."; From Natural Gardens (page 341): "Leaves lying on side, curving upward toward end."
Big Savannah (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
B. W. Wells
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- B.W. Wells lantern slides (UA023.039) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).