- A field of white orchids at Big Savannah Depot
Snowy orchid (Platanthera nivea)
- Original Format:
- Lantern slide; Black-and-white slides; 3.25 x 4 in.
- Item identifier:
- Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884- more info on Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884-
- Created Date:
- A field of white orchids at Big Savannah Depot. From Natural Gardens (page 311): "Perennials, 1-2 ft. high, with white flowers in a spike ; petals smaller than the sepals; lip not fringed: leaves much reduced on upper part of stem. Wet woods, bogs, and marsh borders, chiefly eastern. Summer."
Big Savannah (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
B. W. Wells
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- B.W. Wells lantern slides (UA023.039) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).