- Contrast of bog edge and ditch bank
Orange grass (Campulosus aromaticus)
- Original Format:
- 3.25 x 4 in.
- Item identifier:
- Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884- more info on Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884-
- Created Date:
- circa to
- Contrast of bog edge and ditch bank. The redroot zone is along the ditch edge. Arundinaria on white strip; From Natural Gardens (page 307): "Coarse perennial, 1-3 1/2 ft. tall, with very hairy dull yellow flowers in a flat-topped cluster; perianth persists on fruit: leaves iris-like: juice of plant, especially of underground stem, bright red. Swamp borders and grassy bogs, eastern. Spring to fall." Published in: A Southern Upland Grass-Sedge Bog
Big Savannah (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
B. W. Wells
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- B.W. Wells lantern slides (UA023.039) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).