- Floral spires in the spikes of colic root and ladies' tresses orchid
Spring ladies'-tresses (Spiranthes vernalis)
- Original Format:
- Lantern slide; Hand-colored lantern slide; 3.25 x 4 in.
- Item identifier:
- Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884- more info on Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884-
- Created Date:
- Floral spires are to be seen in the spikes of colic root (left) and ladies' tresses orchid (right). Original label on slide: 429; From Natural Gardens (page 312): "Perennial orchids having numerous small flowers borne in twisted or spiral spikes; upper petal and the adjacent sepals united: leaves chiefly basal, narrow. Six or seven species of uplands and bogs. Spring, summer, and fall."
Big Savannah (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
B. W. Wells
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- B.W. Wells lantern slides (UA023.039) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).