- Savannah lily
Catesby's lily (Lilium catesbaei)
- Original Format:
Hand-colored lantern slide
- 3.25 x 4 in.
- Item identifier:
- Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884- more info on Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884-
- Created Date:
- circa to
- Savannah lily (Lilium catesbaei). From Natural Gardens (page 296): "Perennials with flowers funnellike, the 6 perianth parts distinct; anthers attached to stalk at middle region: leaves commonly numerous, alternate or whorled. Uplands and bogs."; From Natural Gardens (page 296): "KEY TO SPECIES: Sepals and petals strongly contracted below into a stalk-like structure. Leaves alternate, appressed against stem."
Big Savannah (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
B. W. Wells
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- B.W. Wells lantern slides (UA023.039) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).