- A "flower" not a flower: the white bracted sedge
Sandswamp whitetop sedge (Rhynchospora latifolia)
- Original Format:
- Hand-colored lantern slide; 3.25 x 4 in.
- Item identifier:
- Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884- more info on Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884-
- Created Date:
- A "flower" not a flower: the white bracted sedge. From Natural Gardens (page 285): "A sedge with white bracts or modified leaves which simulate a flower and therefore included among the savannah plants. The true flowers are within the minute overlapping scales of the spikelets aggregated in the center of the " flower." In savannah lands. Summer."
Big Savannah (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
B. W. Wells
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- B.W. Wells lantern slides (UA023.039) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).