- Spring brings white colic-roots and the bog fly-poison festival on the savannah
White colic-root (Aletris farinosa)
Crow poison (Stenanthium densum)
- Original Format:
- Lantern slide; Hand-colored lantern slide
- 3.25 x 4 in.
- Item identifier:
- Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884- more info on Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884-
- Created Date:
- Spring brings white colic-roots and the bog fly-poison festival on the savannah. From Natural Gardens (pages 293-294): "Perennial, similar to preceding except the carpels have erect tips instead of spreading ones and the flowers turn red in age. Grassy bogs, eastern. Spring."
Big Savannah (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
B. W. Wells
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- B.W. Wells lantern slides (UA023.039) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).