- Spring aspect of LeConte's thistle, before flowers emerge
LeConte's thistle (Cirsium lecontei)
- Original Format:
Hand-colored lantern slide
- 3.25 x 4 in.
- Item identifier:
- Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884- more info on Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884-
- Created Date:
- circa to
- Spring aspect of LeConte's thistle, before flowers emerge. One exceptionally interesting minor situation in the presence and absence of a plant is that involving Le Conte's thistle (Carduus LeContei). On the wetter savannahs this plant is strictly confined to the ant hills of the savannah ant (Fig. 65).
Big Savannah (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
B. W. Wells
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- B.W. Wells lantern slides (UA023.039) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).