- The star-flower makes certain areas as brilliant as the night sky
- Original Format:
Hand-colored lantern slide
- 3.25 x 4 in.
- Item identifier:
- Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884- more info on Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884-
- Created Date:
- The star-flower makes certain areas as brilliant as the night sky. From Natural Gardens (pages 292-293): "Perennial, 1-2 1/2 ft. tall with flowers in a terminal raceme, each of the 3-10 flowers enclosed in sheathing bract; petals narrow, nearly linear, pointed: leaves chiefly basal, linear. Grassy bogs or savannahs. Fall."
Big Savannah (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
B. W. Wells
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- B.W. Wells lantern slides (UA023.039) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).