- Savannah meadow beauty
Savannah meadowbeauty (Rhexia alifanus)
- Original Format:
- Lantern slide; Hand-colored lantern slide
- 3.25 x 4 in.
- Item identifier:
- Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884- more info on Wells, B. W. (Bertram Whittier), 1884-
- Created Date:
- circa to
- Savannah meadow beauty. From Natural Gardens (pages 365-367): "Perennials with showy flowers having the corollas borne above the ovary on the vase-like structure (hypanthium) which is free from the enclosed ovary. The 4 sepals spread from the rim of this hypanthium; ovary 4-celled: leaf-blades oval or narrower, commonly 3-veined from near the base. Most of the meadow beauties are eastern bog plants. Of these an especially noteworthy one is the tall savannah meadow beauty (R. Alifanus, fig. 57)..."
Big Savannah (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
B. W. Wells
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- B.W. Wells lantern slides (UA023.039) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).