Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Textiles School graduating class and faculty group photo
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- 8 x 10 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Members of the graduating class and faculty of the North Carolina State College Textile School. Dean Thomas Nelson in front row, fourth from left.; First Row: H. G. Lyon, Creedmoore, N.C.; D. B. Hardin, Instructior in Knitting and Designing; T. R. Hart, Associate Professor of Weaving and Designing; Thomas Nelson, Dean of Textile School; A. H. Grimshaw, Associate Professor of Textile Chemistry and Dyeing; J. T. Hilton, Associate Professor of Yarn Manufacturing; W. R. Wands, Spencer, N.C.; P. H. Burrus, Jr., Columbus, Ga.; Second Row: E. W. Freeze, Jr., High Point, N.C.; G. L. Patterson, Concord, N.C.; D. J. Crowell, Concord, N.C.; J. H. Tatum, Opelika, Ala.; G. W. Byrd, La Grange, N.C.; J. D. Milstead, Hiddentite, N.C.; C. N. Cone, Jr., Greensboro, N.C.; J. E. Gill, Henderson, N.C.; S. W. Bright, Sea Gate, N.C.; J. Y. Bass, Birmingham, Ala.; E. W. Crow, Mocksville, N.C.; Eugene Cross, Jr. Marion, N.C.; Back Row: J. D. Honeycutt, Gold Hill, N.C.; E. M. Boyette, Goldsboro, N.C.; Jurgen Haar, Wilmington, N.C.; H. C. Carter, Wallace, N.C.; M. A. Carpenter, Lincolnton, N.C.; N. R. Whitener, Gastonia, N.C.; T. G. Tyson, Burlington, N.C.; C. A. Boggs, Richlands, N.C.; J. B. Lamar, Spray, N.C.; J. C. Barnhardt, Charlotte, N.C.; M. A. Law, Paw Creek, N. C.; Missing: O. J. Mullaney, Jr., Hyannis, Mass.; K. K. Thomas, India
North Carolina State University. College of Textiles
more info on North Carolina State University. College of Textiles
Nelson, Thomas more info on Nelson, Thomas, 1872-1953
North Carolina State University -- Faculty more info on North Carolina State University -- Faculty
North Carolina State University -- Students more info on North Carolina State University -- Students
Hart, Thomas Roy more info on Hart, Thomas Roy, 1890-1956
Grimshaw, Albert Harvey more info on Grimshaw, Albert Harvey, 1883-1949
North Carolina State University -- Students -- History more info on North Carolina State University -- Students -- History
North Carolina State College more info on North Carolina State College
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- College of Textiles (UA023.017) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Building: North Carolina State University, Daniel Augustus Tompkins Hall -- Textile Building (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949 more info on Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949
- Tompkins, Daniel Augustus, 1851-1914 more info on Tompkins, Daniel Augustus, 1851-1914
- Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960 more info on Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960
- NC State University Campus
- NC State University
- General note:
- Tompkins Hall is named for Daniel Augustus Tompkins, who pushed for the College of Textiles and designed the building that now holds his name. The original hall was built in 1901, but destroyed by fire in 1914. It was rebuilt the same year.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.786701, -78.665199