Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Textiles senior class and faculty in front of Tompkins Hall
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
- 8 x 10 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Senior class and faculty in front of Tompkins Hall. Dean Thomas Nelson in first row, fourth from left. Professor Hart in first row, third from left; Top Row: T. Gaines, South Carolina; E. D. Rufiz, North Carolina; K. C. Li, China; J. P. Mc Adams, North Carolina; S. Yonemasu, Japan; T. Jones, South Carolina; J. N. Ripple, North Carolina; Second Row: J. S. Neely, North Carolina; B. Lui, China; B. L. Cotton, North Carolina; E. W. Lewis, North Carolina; [T.] Chaug, China; [C.] M. Seuter, North Carolina; [P.] E. Smith, North Carolina; [illegiable] Mosheim, Texas; [illegiable] B. Bennett, North Carolina; T. C. Albright, North Carolina; H. W. Steele, North Carolina; G. H., Mahafee, North Carolina; L. H. Ruane, North Carolina; J. E. Weber, North Carolina; O. M. House, North Carolina; H. L. Lafette, North Carolina; R. H. Smithe, North Carolina; Bottom Row: J. T. Hilton, Professor, Yarn Manufacture; K. Maclsenyei, Professor, Dyeing; T. R. Hart, Professor, Weaving; T. Nelson, Director of Textile School; T. A. [Pruetes], Professor, [Designing]; W. E. Shierm, Professor, Knitting; W. M. Long, North Carolina; W. O. Hay, South Carolina
North Carolina State University. College of Textiles
more info on North Carolina State University. College of Textiles
Nelson, Thomas more info on Nelson, Thomas, 1872-1953
North Carolina State University -- Faculty more info on North Carolina State University -- Faculty
North Carolina State University -- Students more info on North Carolina State University -- Students
Hart, Thomas Roy more info on Hart, Thomas Roy, 1890-1956
North Carolina State University -- Students -- History more info on North Carolina State University -- Students -- History
North Carolina State College more info on North Carolina State College
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. College of Textiles (UA023.017) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Building: North Carolina State University, Daniel Augustus Tompkins Hall -- Textile Building (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949 more info on Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949
- Tompkins, Daniel Augustus, 1851-1914 more info on Tompkins, Daniel Augustus, 1851-1914
- Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960 more info on Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960
- NC State University Campus
- NC State University
- General note:
- Tompkins Hall is named for Daniel Augustus Tompkins, who pushed for the College of Textiles and designed the building that now holds his name. The original hall was built in 1901, but destroyed by fire in 1914. It was rebuilt the same year.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.786701, -78.665199