- Crompton and Knowles "Loom Works" loom
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- 7 x 10 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- circa to
- The loom beam coming off the slasher is placed behind the loom. The warp yarn is led through the harnesses and emerges as woven cloth after being interlaced with filling yarn. The interlacing is accomplished by a shuttle containing filling yarn which is propelled across the width of the warp at high speed. The cloth is then wound on to a cloth roll.
North Carolina State University. College of Textiles
more info on North Carolina State University. College of Textiles
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- College of Textiles. General (UA023.017.000) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).