Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Hospital of the Agricultural and Mechanical Arts University
Campus and Town
- Original Format:
- 3.5 x 5.5 inches
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Photographic Postcard| Derived from Postcard: Postcard addressed to Mr. Reginald B. Dillon
North Carolina State University -- Buildings
more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts more info on North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Postcards, 1900-1996 (UA023.035) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Building: North Carolina State University, Arthur Winslow Hall -- Alumni Memorial Building -- State College Hospital (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- NC State University
- Historical note:
- Winslow Hall was built in 1897 and served as the infirmary until its renovation in 1959 when it was renamed Alumni Memorial Building to honor more than 300 alumni who died in World War II and the Korean War. In 2006, the building was renamed Winslow Hall after the Dorothy and Roy Park Alumni Center on Centennial Campus opened. Arthur Winslow was one of the original members of the Watauga Club who successfully petitioned the North Carolina legislature in 1885 to charter the school that would become North Carolina State University.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.784901, -78.664101