Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- Brooks Hall, NC State's original library postcard
- Original Format:
Postcard, black and white
- 4 x 5. 5 inches
- Item identifier:
- Wootten, Bayard Morgan, 1875-1959 more info on Wootten, Bayard Morgan, 1875-1959
- Alfred Williams & Co. more info on Alfred Williams & Co.
- Gray & Thompson Advertising more info on Gray & Thompson Advertising
- Transcribed from front of postcard: Library, State College, Raleigh, North Carolina Transcribed from back of postcard: A structure of recognized Architectural Beauty. Completed in 1926, it was named in honor of D.H. Hill, President of the college from 1908 to 1916.
North Carolina State University. Libraries
more info on North Carolina State University. Libraries
North Carolina State University -- Buildings more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
- Digital Project:
University Archives Photographs
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- University Archives Photograph Collection. Postcards, 1900-1996 (UA023.035) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Building: North Carolina State University, Eugene Clyde Brooks Hall (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- NC State University
- Historical note:
- Brooks Hall served as North Carolina State University's first official library, from its construction in 1926, until D. H. Hill Jr. Library was built in 1953. After the library moved, Brooks Hall became the home of the School of Design, where it still resides today. Brooks Hall is named for Eugene Clyde Brooks (1871-1947), who served as the University's president from 1923 until 1935.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.7845, -78.664902